1. Begin a basic Dutch French Braid. The outer sections are going UNDER the middle section.
2. Keep braiding, staying close to your hairline.
3. Keep the braid tight; you can always loosen it later.
4. At the nape of your neck, change direction. Hold all sections in your bottom hand . . .
5. . . . bring your top hand around your face and start braiding up. It may feel a little backward and you might lose the rhythm of the braid. Do not let go of the sections! Remember the steps and repeat them out loud. If my fingers ever get confused, I just start telling myself what to do out loud and it really helps.
6. Keep the braid tight and close to your hairline.
7. When you’ve added in all the hair, continue a regular braid until you run out of hair.
8. Tie off with a clear elastic band.
9. Pin underneath your Dutch Braid where your braid ended.
10. And my favorite part, pancake the braid. Pull on the strands and make them as big and fluffy as your layers will allow. This is what makes the style look so pretty!
The New Braiding Handbook
60 Modern Twists on The Classic Hairstyles
More from my site
Tags: crown braid hairstyles black hair, crown hairstyle black, crown hairstyle for black hair, crown hairstyle for short hair, crown hairstyle men, crown hairstyle step by step, crown hairstyle with weave, hairstyles with a tiara