Start this style out by curling the hair with a 1-inch wand and teasing the roots.
1. Gather a small section of hair, and divide the hair into three sections.
2. Braid these sections of hair.
3. While holding the end of the braid with one hand, flatten out the braid. Tug and pull up on the braid to make it look bigger and fuller.
4. Tie off the braid.
5. Repeat on the other side.
6. Loosely drape one of the braids across the back of your head and secure with bobby pins. You may need to roll the ends of your hair and secure them discretely with another pin.
7. Take the other braid and drape it directly over the pins and the first braid.
8. Secure with bobby pins.
The New Braiding Handbook
60 Modern Twists on The Classic Hairstyles
More from my site
Tags: crown braid black hair, crown braid for short hair, crown braid with hair down, crown braid with weave, crown hairstyle for short hair, dutch crown braid, dutch crown braid half up, how to do a crown braid on yourself