Increase the height of your hairstyle with a strategically placed hair wrap! In this design, the wrap is cleverly concealed with a 4-strand braid.
1. Wash and blow dry the hair. Brush the hair back and gather it in a high ponytail.
2. Divide the hair in the ponytail into four even sections. Place a bit of wax on your hand and rub some onto each section.
3. Grasp the rightmost section of hair from the ponytail, bring it over the 2nd section, and then under the 3rd section.
4. Now the rightmost section of hair is in your left hand.
5. Grasp the section of hair that was originally on the left side (now it is 2nd from the left) and move it towards the right by bringing it over the adjacent section, and then under the last rightmost section. Now this section of hair is in your right hand.
6. Continue weaving the strands of hair in this manner, from right to left and then left to right, to create a 4-strand braid.
7. Secure the end of the braid with an elastic band and mist with a little holding spray.
8. Make sure the braid is secure, yet loose, with a relatively wide surface for covering the hair wrap.
9. Affix a hair wrap around the base of the ponytail with bobby pins.
10. Begin wrapping the braid around the hair wrap to conceal it.
11. Wrap the braid all around the hair wrap, securing it firmly with bobby pins.
12. Insert bobby pins all around the braid, securing it to the scalp and the hair wrap.
13. Increase the surface area covered by the braid by gently massaging it with your fingers.
14. Gently draw out each section of hair until the hair wrap is fully covered.
15. Insert bobby pins throughout the braid, but don’t open them fully to prevent them from being visible.
Gorgeous Wedding Hairstyles
A Step-by-Step Guide to 34 Spectacular Hairstyles
More from my site
Tags: diy braids for black hair, diy braids for long hair, diy braids for medium hair, diy braids for short hair, easy braid hairstyles step by step, easy braids to do on yourself for beginners, hippie braids with string, how to do hippie hairstyles