With geometric shapes at the front and a smooth, rounded back, this style is a definite head-turner. For maximum volume, you’ll need a donutshaped hair sponge.
1. Wash and blow dry the hair. Make a part that extends from ear to ear over the crown of the head. Gather the hair behind the part in a ponytail. Make a middle part in the front section of hair.
2. Gather a triangular section of hair at the brow, with an even amount of hair coming from each side of the part. Secure this section of hair with a hair elastic.
3. Repeat this process along the hairline at the front of the head, gathering two triangular sections of hair on each side of the part. Secure each section with a hair elastic.
4. You should now have five triangular sections of hair secured with hair elastics. Number the sections from 1 to 5.
5. Divide section 3 (the middle section) into two even sections. Divide section 4 into two even sections. Draw half of section 4 over the adjacent half of section 3 to form an X. Twist the two sections together to form a rope.
6. Twist these sections together into a rope until you reach the ends of the hair. Wrap the twisted rope of hair around the base of the ponytail you made in Step 1.
7. Divide section 2 into two even sections and draw the section that’s adjacent to section 3 over the loose half of section 3 to form an X. Twist the sections together into a rope until you reach the ends of the hair, and then wrap the twisted rope around the base of the ponytail. Repeat this process by twisting together all of section 1 with half of section 2, and all of section 5 with half of section 4.
8. When all the sections have been twisted and wrapped, mist the hair with holding spray.
9. Take the donut-shaped hair sponge that matches the color of the hair.
10. Draw the ponytail through the middle of the sponge and draw the sponge down until it reaches the head.
11. Brush the hair in the ponytail in every direction so that it covers the entire sponge.
12. Wrap a hair elastic over the hair, securing it around the sponge.
13. You will now have a smooth donut-shaped ponytail.
14. Divide the hair extending from the ponytail into two even sections at the top of the ponytail. Wrap the sections around the ponytail so that they meet at the bottom and then twist the sections together to form a rope.
15. Wrap the hair rope around the base of the ponytail and secure with bobby pins. Mist with holding spray.
Fabulous Teen Hairstyles
A Step-by-step Guide to 34 Beautiful Styles
More from my site
Tags: art deco hair accessories, art deco hair comb, art deco hair hairstyles 1920s and 1930s, art deco hairstyles for long hair, art deco hairstyles for short hair, art deco long hairstyles, art deco makeup, art nouveau hairstyles