This simple yet striking hairstyle includes more than a dozen hair elastics. They really stand out, so make sure you like the ones that you choose.
1. Wash and blow dry the hair. Rub moisturizing cream on all the hair and divide it into three sections: one section on the right, one on the left, and one in the middle.
2. Each section of hair should extend from the front of the head to the nape of the neck.
3. Starting with the leftmost section, grasp a ¾-inch section of hair at the hairline and secure it with a hair elastic close to the scalp.
4. Grasp another ¾-inch section of hair, immediately behind the first section.
5. Hold the two sections of hair together and secure with a hair elastic close to the scalp.
6. Continue in this manner, making small connected ponytails all along this side of head until you reach the nape of the neck.
7. Repeat this exact process on the other side of the head. Make sure that you place the hair elastics at the same location on both sides of the head.
8. Grasp a 1-inch section of hair from the middle section and secure it in a ponytail close to the scalp.
9. Grasp another 1-inch section of hair, immediately below the previous one, and divide it into three sections. Number these sections from 1 to 3.
10. Brush the hair in the first ponytail over the section 2 and leave the hair loose. Join sections 1 and 3 over section 2.
11. Join sections 1 and 3 in a ponytail over section 2 and the hair from the first ponytail.
12. Grasp another section of hair, immediately below the previous one, and divide it into three sections. Repeat the same process as in Step 10, connecting the side sections in a ponytail over the middle section, and leaving the middle section loose.
13. Repeat this process until you reach the nape of the neck, then join the ponytails at either side of the head, over the middle section of the hair, with a hair elastic.
14. Draw together a section of loose hair from each side of the head and connect them over the ponytail running down the middle.
15. To finish the hairstyle, wrap hair elastics around the ponytail running down the middle at even intervals.
Fabulous Teen Hairstyles
A Step-by-step Guide to 34 Beautiful Styles
More from my site
Tags: chinese ladder braid, feather braids in nigeria, feather waterfall braid, how to do a ladder braid wikihow, ladder braid ponytail, ladder braid side ponytail, ladder braid step by step instructions