Transform naturally straight hair into a textured treasure of wrapped braids. Add a decorative hair band to complete the look.
1. Wash and blow dry the hair. Divide the hair into front and back sections by making a part over the crown of the head.
2. Gather the hair at the front of the head in a high ponytail. Gather the hair at the back of the head in a low ponytail.
3. Divide the hair in the back ponytail into three sections. Rub a bit of wax onto each section of the ponytail.
4. Begin braiding the hair in the back ponytail.
5. At every stage of the braid, draw one-third of each section of hair towards the middle of the braid.
6. As you advance with the braid, you’ll see a unique design take shape.
7. Continue separating one-third of each section of hair each time you integrate another section into the braid.
8. As you progress with the braid, you’ll notice that you have already separated sections of hair from the braid and they won’t need to be divided into thirds anymore.
9. The resulting braid has many sections and a really interesting texture. When you reach the end of the braid, secure it with an elastic band.
10. Repeat this braiding technique with the top ponytail and secure it at the end with an elastic band.
11. Grasp the end of the top braid, hold a small section of the hair in your hand, and gently begin pushing the braid up.
12. Continue pushing up the braid until it tightens and is close to the scalp.
13. Twist the braid around the elastic band at the base to conceal the elastic band and create the desired shape. Secure the braid with bobby pins.
14. Hold the end of the second braid in the same way and push the braid up towards the scalp.
15. Twist the second braid around the base of the elastic band, concealing it and forming a harmonious design with the first braid. Secure the braid with bobby pins. To complete the hairstyle, gently draw out some of the sections of hair to increase volume.
Gorgeous Wedding Hairstyles
A Step-by-Step Guide to 34 Spectacular Hairstyles