This hairstyle is as much fun to make as it is to wear. You’ll need a 32-inch ribbon—choose something that’s bright, thick, and flirty!
1. Wash and blow dry the hair. Make a triangular part at the front of the head and gather the hair in a ponytail. Gather the rest of the hair at the back of the head in a high ponytail.
2. Mist the hair with hair spray to give it a smooth, clean look.
3. Divide the hair in the triangular ponytail into two even sections. Twist each section around itself so that it looks like a twisted rope of hair.
4. Cross one of the twisted sections over the other and twist them together, rotating them slightly as you twist.
5. Continue twisting the sections of hair together until you reach the ends of the hair, and secure with a hair elastic. Wrap the twisted hair around the base of the high ponytail.
6. Fold a 32-inch ribbon in half. Tuck the bottom of the ponytail into the folded ribbon. Draw the ponytail upwards and draw the ends of the ribbon downwards. Make sure the ribbon hangs evenly on either side of the ponytail.
7. Secure the folded ponytail around the ribbon using a hair elastic so that the ribbon is held in a loop at the end of the ponytail.
8. Gently roll the ponytail upwards towards the head. Make sure the ribbon stays securely tucked into the loop.
9. Continue rolling the hair until you reach the scalp.
10. Make sure that the hair is tightly rolled.
11. When the hair is rolled all the way up to the scalp, ask the person whose hair you are styling to hold the roll in place. Take the ends of the ribbon and tie a secure knot on the underside of the rolled hair.
12. Tie the ends of the knotted ribbon into a bow.
13. Secure the rolled hair to the head with hair pins.
14. Gently open the rolled hair by drawing the hair towards the right and left sides of the head, like a fan. Insert pins along the fan to secure it in place.
15. Mist with holding spray.
Fabulous Teen Hairstyles
A Step-by-step Guide to 34 Beautiful Styles