Radiate elegance and flair with this high oversized bun. With its cleverly concealed hair wrap, it befits a movie star, singer, or mother-of-the-bride.
1. Wash and blow dry the hair. Divide the hair into front and back sections with a part that extends over the crown of the head, from one ear to the other. Gather the hair at the back in a high ponytail.
2. Divide the hair at the front head into three sections: the middle section is above the brow and the other sections are on either side of the face. Draw the sections on the right and left sides of the face towards the base of the ponytail.
3. Grasp a 1-inch section of hair just above the ponytail and backcomb it at the roots to increase volume.
4. Draw this section of hair backwards and gently brush the top of the hair for a smooth, clean look.
5. Repeat this technique with the rest of the hair at the front of the head and draw it backwards towards the ponytail.
6. Insert a bobby pin close to the scalp, aligned with the gathered hair, so that the bobby pin is fastened to one side of the elastic band. Repeat this on the other side, drawing the elastic band on the opposite side and inserting the second pin towards the first one.
7. The elastic band should hold the hair and secure it neatly in place.
8. Divide the hair in the ponytail into three sections: two large sections and one small one. Let the small section hang loose. Pin one of the large sections so that it faces the front of the head. Pin the other large section so that it faces the side.
9. Affix a hair wrap to the base of the ponytail using bobby pins. This wrap will increase the volume of the hairstyle.
10. Brush the hair that was drawn to one side over the hair wrap. Arrange the hair so that it conceals the wrap. Mist with a little holding spray.
11. Tuck in the ends of this section of hair and secure on the opposite side of the hair wrap using bobby pins.
12. Brush the section of hair facing the front of the head backwards and over the hair wrap.
13. Mist this section of hair with holding spray as you brush it backwards in order to create a firmer hold over the hair extension.
14. Draw this hair towards the back of the head and let it curve smoothly under the hair extension. Secure with bobby pins.
15. Wrap the remaining loose section of hair around the front of the large bun you’ve made with the hair extension and secure with bobby pins. Mist with holding spray.
Gorgeous Wedding Hairstyles
A Step-by-Step Guide to 34 Spectacular Hairstyles
More from my site
Tags: how to get kate middleton haircut, kate middleton hair 2016, kate middleton hair how to, kate middleton hair short, kate middleton hair wedding, kate middleton haircut layers, kate middleton haircut what to ask for, kate middleton hairstyles tutorial