This design combines a bit of braiding with lots of lovely curls. It features a sweet braid on one side and loose curls on the other for a look that’s fun and fanciful.
1. Wash and blow dry the hair. Divide the hair at the front of the head into three even sections: a middle section that extends over the crown of the head, and a section over each ear. Secure the hair in each section with a hair clip.
2. Grasp three small sections of hair from the hairline.
3. Draw the top section of hair under the middle section and then draw the bottom section under what is now the middle section.
4. Add a small section of hair from above the braid to the top section of the braid. Draw this section under the middle section to weave it into the braid, then draw the bottom section under the middle section to continue making the braid.
5. Continue in this manner, adding small sections of hair to the top section of the braid, as you work your way around the head.
6. Allow the braid to move in a diagonal line as it makes its way towards the right side of the head.
7. Secure the braid with a hair elastic just below the ear on the opposite side of the head.
8. Comb the hair below the braid so that it is smooth, and draw it towards the left side of the head. Secure the hair with a bobby pin under the hair elastic securing the braid.
9. Release the section of hair that you secured at the front of the left side of the head, and curl the hair with a medium curling iron.
10. Continue curling all the hair on the left side of the head.
11. Curl the section of hair at the top of the head as well.
12. Run your fingers through the curls to loosen them.
13. Hold three small sections of hair from the front of the head and use them to weave a loose braid on the left side of the head.
14. Draw the braid over the hair elastic securing the first braid to conceal it, and secure with a bobby pin.
15. Mist with holding spray.
Fabulous Teen Hairstyles
A Step-by-step Guide to 34 Beautiful Styles
More from my site
Tags: easy hairstyles for mixed hair, hairstyles for mixed hair kids, hairstyles for mixed hair types, hairstyles for mixed kids, hairstyles for mixed race curly hair, how to style biracial curly hair, mixed hairstyles men, mixed race hairstyles male