Here’s a fun design that’s colorful, too! When choosing the scarf and ribbon, make sure they are both at least 32 inches long. You’ll also need a dull plastic needle.
1. Wash and blow dry the hair. Make a middle part from the brow to the nape of the neck to divide the hair into two even sections. Fold a 32-inch scarf in half and secure it to a section of hair above and behind the left ear with a hair elastic.
2. Grasp a section of hair at the hairline on the left side of the head, and grasp the two sides of the scarf.
3. Wrap one section of the scarf over the hair.
4. Draw this section of hair over the other side of the scarf.
5. Draw the scarf around the hair so that the hair section is now located between the two sides of the scarf. Grasp another section of hair from the hairline and join it with the closest side of the scarf.
6. Number the sections from 1 to 3 and start braiding them by drawing section 3 under section 2, and section 1 under section 3. As you proceed, add small sections of hair on either side of the braid.
7. Continue this process, working your way around the back of the head, from the left side towards the right side. Keep the hair relatively high at the back of the head while adding sections of hair to the braid.
8. Continue the braid until you reach the end of the hair.
9. Wrap the ends of the scarf around the end of the hair and tie them in a secure knot.
10. Tie the scarf ends in a tidy bow and mist with holding spray.
11. Thread a dull plastic needle with a 32-inch piece of ribbon. Poke the needle in and out of the hair at the top of the braid to secure it in place. Gently pull one end of the ribbon until the two sides hang evenly. Keep the needle threaded on one side of the ribbon.
12. Use the needle to weave the ribbon in and out of the hair along the braid. Weave the ribbon so that it contrasts with the scarf in the braid.
13. When you reach the end of the braid, let the ribbon hang loose. Thread the other side of the ribbon with the needle and weave it through the hair on the other side of the braid.
14. Tie the ends of the ribbon in a bow at the end of the braid. Mist with holding spray.
Fabulous Teen Hairstyles
A Step-by-step Guide to 34 Beautiful Styles
More from my site
Tags: how to braid a ribbon into your hair, how to french braid ribbon into hair, how to tie a ribbon in your hair, how to tie ribbon in hair for school, how to wear a ribbon in your hair, ribbon hairstyle step by step, ribbon hairstyles for short hair, ribbon in hair ideas