Increasing the volume of your hair is easy with a strategically placed hair wrap. In this design, it’s accented with a few delicately woven strands of hair.
1. Wash and blow dry the hair. Make a part that separates the bangs from the rest of the hair. Secure the bangs at the front of the head and collect the rest of the hair in a ponytail at the back.
2. Flip the hair in the ponytail over the top of the head, and affix a hair wrap immediately below the base of the ponytail using bobby pins.
3. Pin the end of the ponytail to the scalp, close to the bottom of the hair wrap, by inserting bobby pins in an X shape.
4. Gently draw the hair in the ponytail over the hair wrap. Gently brush out half the hair, so that it covers half the hair wrap.
5. Hold the brushed hair over the hair wrap at the bottom. Use a tail comb to draw up several small sections of hair from the ponytail. Brush the hair below these lifted sections and mist with holding spray.
6. Draw out a small section of hair from the bangs and bring it to the back of the head. Draw the section over the hair wrap, so that it is under the sections of hair you lifted in step 5, but over the hair wrap. Pin this section of hair on the other side of the hair wrap (or to the scalp, if it reaches that far). Bring down the sections of hair that were lifted in step 5, and then draw up contrasting sections of hair from the ponytail. Draw another section of hair from the bangs.
7. Repeat the technique you used in step 6 to place the strand of hair from the bangs over the ponytail. Note that this time, opposite sections of hair will cover the strand from the bangs. Secure the strand at the back of the head with a bobby pin.
8. Gently brush the hair covering the hair wrap and then mist with a little holding spray to secure it.
9. Repeat this process with additional strands of hair that you have drawn from the bangs to create a woven look on the hair wrap. Mist with holding spray.
10. Make sure that you weave each strand of hair neatly, since this helps to show off the pattern.
11. After all the bangs have been woven into the hair covering the hair wrap, gather all of them together at the back of the head and secure using bobby pins.
12. Gently brush the ends of the hair over the hair wrap, roll the ends, and secure them with a bobby pin, close to the scalp.
13. Brush out the remaining half of the ponytail over the hair wrap. Mist the hair with holding spray to secure it over the hair wrap.
14. Roll the ends of this section of hair and secure with bobby pins, close to the scalp.
15. When the hairstyle is just right, gently remove the clips and mist with holding spray to secure it.
Gorgeous Wedding Hairstyles
A Step-by-Step Guide to 34 Spectacular Hairstyles