Here’s a simple hairstyle made fancy thanks to the addition of two bright 32-inch ribbons. You’ll also need a dull plastic needle for weaving the ribbons, and a pair of scissors to trim the ribbons at the end.
1. Wash and blow dry the hair straight. Make a middle part from the brow to the nape of the neck to divide the hair into two even sections.
2. Hold the hair on the right side of the part with a clip. Grasp a small section of hair on the left side of the part at the hairline and divide it into three equal sections.
3. Number the sections 1 to 3, with section 3 closest to the ear.
4. Bring section 3 under section 2, and then bring section 1 under section 3 to start making the braid.
5. Add a small section of hair to the section that’s now closest to the ear, and bring it under the middle section. Add a small section of hair to the section that’s farthest from the ear, and then bring it under the new middle section.
6. Brush the sections of hair as you work your way along the braid to keep them smooth. Mist with holding spray if necessary.
7. Continue braiding until you reach the ends of the hair. When you’ve run out of hair to integrate into the sections, finish by weaving a regular braid and then secure the braid with a hair elastic. Repeat this process on the other side of the part.
8. Continue braiding the hair like this, adding small sections of hair as you work your way along.
9. Secure the end of the braid with a hair elastic.
10. Thread a dull plastic needle with a 32-inch ribbon.
11. Poke the needle in and out of the hair at the top of one braid to secure the ribbon in place. Gently pull the ribbon until both sides are even.
12. Draw one end of the ribbon across the crown of the head and then secure it at the top of the other braid. Draw this end of the ribbon on a diagonal towards the middle of the first braid, and then weave it in and out of the braid to secure it.
13. Continue in this manner, weaving the ribbon back and forth, until you reach the nape of the neck. Repeat this process with the other side of the ribbon.
14. Repeat this entire process with another 32-inch ribbon, anchoring it at the top of the braids and then weaving it back and forth between the two braids.
15. To finish, tuck the ends of one ribbon together in a knot, and conceal the knot behind one of the braids. Tie the ends of the other ribbon in a bow. Trim the ends of both ribbons so that they are tidy.
Fabulous Teen Hairstyles
A Step-by-step Guide to 34 Beautiful Styles